Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (6,539 Views)

Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

I use to Intel Based MACs using OSX and Vista. I am having the same printing problems in both operating systems. It says the printer is idle or offline. No error message occurs. On the MAC OS, if I turn the printer off and back on, it will print the files in the buffer and new files sent to printer for a short period of time but then stops working again.
On the VISTA side, it sees the printer but says it is offline or idle. If I take my printer disc and reinstall it, the printer works for a while but then goes into the off line mode again.
The printer, HP Photosmart C6100 (C8757D), is connect wireless to both computers. Both computers experience the same printing problems.
I am pretty computer iterate and have tried a dozen ways to fix this issue. Help!
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (6,527 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

Download the 2 updates i'm posting the link for, and see if it helps resolve the issue on at least teh Vista PC. These updates are not for Mac.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-69585-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&os=2093&product=1153494

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-69124-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&os=2093&product=1153494
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (6,511 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

While in native Vista mode on my MAC, I installed but links you sent me. In each case a message came up saying the upgrade was not needed since I had no devices they were designed for. My HP6100 shows up in my printers but it says it is off line.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation