Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I get server connection to work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The steps below typically resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your router (and modem, if separate from the router).

3. Wait 20 seconds, then plug the router (and modem, if applicable) back in.

4. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the printer back in and power it on.

5. Press the ePrint button on the printer's front panel, and it should try to connect to Web Services again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue, but if it still occurs you can try setting static network info for the printer (which sometimes helps to stabilize the printer's ability to get outside of your network, to the internet):

1.  Press the wireless icon at the top of the printer's screen and note the IP address.

2.  Enter the IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer and press enter or click the browser's go button. 

3.  The printer status page should be opened.  Click on Network at the top.

4.  Click on Networking on the left.

5.  Select Proxy Settings.
Note:  If you are prompted for a redirect, select OK.  If you receive a certificate warning, select the option that lets you continue anyway.
If you receive a Internal System Error, refresh the page until it loads the proxy settings.

6.  Verify that all fields are blank.  If they are not, clear them and make sure the Proxy Server requires authentication is unchecked and click apply.  You should get a success message.

7.  Click on Network Address (IP) on the left.
Note:  If you only see IP Address Configuration and DNS Address Configuration with a yellow note, refresh the page until it loads completely.

8.  Leave the IP Address Configuration as Automatic IP.

9.  Change DNS Address Configuration to Manual DNS server.

10.  Enter 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Manual Alternate DNS Server.

11.  Click Apply and you should get a success message.

12.  Power off the printer for 30 seconds and then turn it back on to force the new settings to take effect.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

The steps below typically resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your router (and modem, if separate from the router).

3. Wait 20 seconds, then plug the router (and modem, if applicable) back in.

4. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the printer back in and power it on.

5. Press the ePrint button on the printer's front panel, and it should try to connect to Web Services again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue, but if it still occurs you can try setting static network info for the printer (which sometimes helps to stabilize the printer's ability to get outside of your network, to the internet):

1.  Press the wireless icon at the top of the printer's screen and note the IP address.

2.  Enter the IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer and press enter or click the browser's go button. 

3.  The printer status page should be opened.  Click on Network at the top.

4.  Click on Networking on the left.

5.  Select Proxy Settings.
Note:  If you are prompted for a redirect, select OK.  If you receive a certificate warning, select the option that lets you continue anyway.
If you receive a Internal System Error, refresh the page until it loads the proxy settings.

6.  Verify that all fields are blank.  If they are not, clear them and make sure the Proxy Server requires authentication is unchecked and click apply.  You should get a success message.

7.  Click on Network Address (IP) on the left.
Note:  If you only see IP Address Configuration and DNS Address Configuration with a yellow note, refresh the page until it loads completely.

8.  Leave the IP Address Configuration as Automatic IP.

9.  Change DNS Address Configuration to Manual DNS server.

10.  Enter 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Manual Alternate DNS Server.

11.  Click Apply and you should get a success message.

12.  Power off the printer for 30 seconds and then turn it back on to force the new settings to take effect.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

HP Recommended

The problem is (I think) it is a static IP address in the printer, but I can't connect to the printer to change it !

HP Recommended
When I typed Manual Preferred DNS server as 8.8.8.8 and the Alternate DNS server as 8.8.4.4 and click apply it says Invalid input with a red (X) amd says click OK to go back , how can I fix that ??
HP Recommended
Did you ever get this problem fixed I'm having the same issue
HP Recommended
I have followed all of your steps and I'm still having an issue I got invalid input with a red X
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.