Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I tried an ink cartridge refill service and I think I have clogged up the black print head on my hp Photosmart 6520. The 'clean print head' tool has proven ineffective after numerous tries. Is there any way to remove and manually clean the print head on this device. The black ink us not printing at all. Thank you for any help.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The document here may help resolve the issue.  The printhead in the Photosmart 6520 is not removable.

Be aware that damage caused to the printer caused by third party ink is not covered by HP warranty. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Does the 6520 have programming that intentionally fowls up printing ability or quality if non-OEM cartridges are used?

HP Recommended

@lucky_day wrote:

Does the 6520 have programming that intentionally fowls up printing ability or quality if non-OEM cartridges are used?

Certainly not.  That said, it is certainly possible for non-compatible ink to cause problems.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Lucky_day,

Don't be naive. The 6520 intentionally fowls up on genuine HP cartridges as well.

HP Recommended

The link you included no longer points to the knowledge article. 

HP Recommended

@CDH22 wrote:

The link you included no longer points to the knowledge article. 

Try here.  Just have to search the HP web site for your model number.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-6520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5169038/model/516...

HP Recommended

It is removable..you just have to break the plastic bar that runs across.. or disassemble half the printer.  Hp makes such garbage.  Problems in all their products. High failure rate. Made to replace in two years.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.