Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I tried this cleaning method twice, but when I try to "clean the print heads or align the printer" I always get the message "server is busy. " What now?"
HP Recommended

Sounds like a server problem and not an HP problem.

HP Recommended
But, the computer delivers to the printer when I want to print a photo from my stored photos on my iPad. Do you still think it is a server problem?
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I had this identical thing happen today and your answer to the problem solved mine.

I've had this printer for 2 years and this is the first time I had this happen.

Thanks again,

Edie

HP Recommended

Update to my HP 7510 not printing in black.  As I expected it was a connection problem to the print head.  I had a couple old print heads so I kept changing, including a new one, cleaning contacts and no luck.  So I called HP, told them I went through all the references and cleaning and no luck so it must be a hardware problem.  Since it was out of warranty, they didn't want to bother anyway, but asked if I could buy a "reconditioned" model.  They had a HP7520, one model newer than mine for $120, and for $10 more they'd give me a 2 year warranty.  I check with Best Buy and they were selling the HP7520 for just over $160.  "Reconditioned" doesn't necessarily mean used, but may a returned model, and all parts are checked out and replaced.  So I figured an extra year warranty and near new, it was a good deal.  Didn't even require me to send old one back like warranty replacements and upgrades are required.  They did require I prove the cartridges were HP and not refilled, like that matters.  

So right after I got it, for grins I switched the print head (the tray that holds the cartridges) back to the old one, and whala!  It started working.  So it was a connection problem some where.  I knew it was because black and all other colors were working and suddenly no black.  So if the black stops, and the pad on the cartridge is wet and full.  It's probably a connection problem.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

So, it appears that there are several ways to solve this maddening no-black-ink problem with HP Photosmart 7510.

Let's all keep these solutions for reference and hope that HP listens carefully and soon corrects the problem.

HP Recommended

THis is the second time I have gone away for a weeken only to return to a printer that will not print black ink, I replaced the catridge hold the 1st time and it worked, that lasted 2 months?

Any ideas, I did all the things suggested ?

Very frustrated

HP Recommended

Hi krwcrw,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

For further assistance, I will need to know more information:

If you are using Windows, please try the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Hope to hear from you soon!

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Replaced my black cartridge recently, printer worked fine up until yesterday, but now today it wouldn't print black at all.  Your solution worked like a charm.  Thank you ... THANK YOU!!!

HP Recommended

I cleaned the small metal circles under the ink cartridges, replaced the cartridges and it still did not print in black.  I did not turn off the machine when I cleaned however.  I did not see any other metal circles or anything other to use teh damp papaer towel on.  I must not be understanding.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.