Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,730 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 7520 out of paper message

When I attempt to print from either the regular or photo try I get a message that the printer is out of paper when its not.  The printer was working fine until recently.

Accepted Solution

Re: Photosmart 7520 out of paper message

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (5,719 Views)

The document here may help resolve false "out of paper" errors on the Photosmart 7520.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,177 Views)

After trying all the procedures in the document above I still had the problem.

I took a hand mirror and looked at the gears in the 'paper feed' area, and realized that a gear was out of place and causing the paper not to move forward (look at the gears above those 2 rollers that move the paper forward).

Once I moved the gear back to its place to engage the other gears, the rollers started to work and the 'out of paper' message stopped. The printer is working without problems now. I printed several pages to make sure the gear wouldn't move from its correct place again. 

I just hope the gear doesn't start falling off place all the time. I may have to open the printer and figure out if it's glued into place or find another solution. But so far this solved this annoying problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation