Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My PhoroamER 7525 All-in-One is less than 6 months old, but the black does not print. I have replaced the cartridge (which was showing half left) but it made no difference. Still no black. HELP!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey,

The first step I would perform if the printer isn't printing black, even after changing the black cartridge, is an Ink System Reset.  This will ensure the contacts are clean and secure in the printer.  Click here for the steps to perform an Ink System Reset.

Have you tried performing the Printhead Cleaning utility built into the Setup > Tools menu of the printer?  I would advise running all 3 levels to try and force any clogged ports open in the printhead.

As well, does the printer pass or fail when performing the automatic printhead alignment process?  Press the Wrench in the top right of the touch display to access the Setup menu.  Select the Tools submenu and perform the "Align Printer" option.

I would also advise taking a look at the troubleshooting document linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If the troubleshooting steps are unable to get the black ink to resume printing, then I would advise contacting HP Tech Support about this printer as it would still be under the original factory warranty, being that you purchased it less than 6 months ago.  To contact HP Tech Support click here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey,

The first step I would perform if the printer isn't printing black, even after changing the black cartridge, is an Ink System Reset.  This will ensure the contacts are clean and secure in the printer.  Click here for the steps to perform an Ink System Reset.

Have you tried performing the Printhead Cleaning utility built into the Setup > Tools menu of the printer?  I would advise running all 3 levels to try and force any clogged ports open in the printhead.

As well, does the printer pass or fail when performing the automatic printhead alignment process?  Press the Wrench in the top right of the touch display to access the Setup menu.  Select the Tools submenu and perform the "Align Printer" option.

I would also advise taking a look at the troubleshooting document linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If the troubleshooting steps are unable to get the black ink to resume printing, then I would advise contacting HP Tech Support about this printer as it would still be under the original factory warranty, being that you purchased it less than 6 months ago.  To contact HP Tech Support click here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I read a lot of other ideas on what may be wrong with my 7525 not printing black but the answer from 'jason_h' sounded like he knew what he was doing (and it was free to try). Be sure to click on the link in the third sentence and go step by step.

My printer is back to normal and before this happened this had been my favorite printer ever, it does everything.

Thanks jason_h for bringing my printer back to life!

HP Recommended

I performed all steps outlined in this article. The Photo black cartridge is new yet still does not print anything more than a light haze of ink. When I go to hp.com/support and try to navigate to other articles on the subject, both Chrome and Edge browsers bring up a blank page. Not a 404. Just a blank page. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

My Two Cents,

I too am having " No Black Printing " problems with my HP Photosmart 7525 Printer.

Unless HP can explain to me otherwise, my problem (and I suspect many others) is not ink delivery system problem, but a software, firmware, or hardware problem.

Why?

After going through all of the suggested remedies, and printing out a number of "Print Quality Diagostic" reports, the following in the reports is consistant:

In the 5 color blocks, 4 of the color blocks blocks indicate adequate ink and are fine. The 'BLACK' box indicates "NO INK".

In the report:

ALL 5 OF THE RECTANGULAR SHAPED COLOR BOXES HAVE LINES DEFINING THE BOXES IN BLACK INK.

THERE ARE 13 LINES OF HIGH QUALITY TEXT IN BLACK INK---ALL PRINTED BY THE PRINTER!!!

THE SAME PRINTER THAT DOES NOT PRINT IN BLACK ANY OTHER TIME!!!!

SO IT CAN  PRINT IN BLACK --JUST WHEN HP WANTS IT TO.

JD_x

HP Recommended
JD_X describes my problem perfectly.
What is the solution?
I have cleaned cartridges but do not find an ink system reset.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.