03-24-2012 05:30 PM
The HP printer just stops the job and will not print. Any ideas why please ? Ink is good, paper is good, power is good. Using Mac 10.5. It was working great 10 mins ago.
03-26-2012 12:38 PM
Have you checked the Print queue? Try this:
- Click the Apple menu icon ( ), and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
- Click Print & Fax to open the Printers list.
- Click your HP product in the Printers list, and then click Open Print Queue . The print queue opens.
- If you see a Pause Printer button ( ), disregard this step and continue with the next solution in this document.
- If you see a Resume Printer button ( ), click it. This restarts any paused print jobs. If the print jobs did not resume, continue to the next solution.
If this doesnt work try performing a power reset:
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
One of theses two solutions should get you back up and running. If not post back with your results and we can go from there. Good luck!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)