Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just connected my HP Photosmart D110 printer to my home network and all PC's successfully connect to and printed test pages.  2 days later, none of the PC's are able to connect to the printer all are showing the printer to be offline.  I go to the printer and verify the connection and everything shows on the status page that the printer is connected to the network - I have 4 or 5 bars, what my IP address is and that everything is fine.  I log into the Cisco E3000 router and it shows me the printer is indeed attached and the IP addresses match.  When I run the HP network troubleshooter software, it cannot find the printer either.  I have completely reset the printer to factory specifications and re-configured.  No luck.  The printer software was loaded from the CD on to each of the 5 PC's on my network and in each case it originally found the printer.  The only thing I did after the original setup was to activate the e-print service.  I have not tested that to see if it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, if your router is at 192.168.1.1 and the computer at ...2, then the printer has an IP address that is not consistent with the IP structure of your router.  The computer will never find it.  It must think it is still attached to your old router.

Let's reset the printer from the front panel: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults (or similar words).  Now it should be able to be found by the software.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
HP Recommended

Update the firmware on your router.

If that does not work, let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know this, enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Click 'Apply'

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue, but when I follow your directions and go into the printer setup it will not let me leave the gateway blank. I get this error message:

Manual Default Gateway: This option is mandatory

HP Recommended

OK, then fill in the gateway address (probably 192.168.1.1) and use that same address for the first DNS entry.  Leave the second blank.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I am having a similar issue.  I can print off the desktop and off my ipad, but the printer is showing up as "offline" on my laptop.   When I set everything up, I was able to successfully print from all 3 devices.  That was 2 days ago.  Today, I can't print from my laptop.

HP Recommended

Try this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  There is nothing wrong with my network.  Does it with USB connection as well.  Tried two different printers, two different routers and two different computers.  Turning off energy conservation does not help, changing control panel settings on the PC doesn't help.  It is a firmware issue with HP.  Will they fix or not?  I have to plug/regplug pretty much daily.  Inconvenient for a wireless printer.

HP Recommended

Have you updated the firmware for your printer (Setup > Preferences > Update Product)?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I use a linksys wireless adapter to connect. When I turn on all in one printer it disconnects my internet connection. Turn off printer then it'll connect me back to internet. I've tried with my HP all in one 1210 I have no problem. I have desktop windows XP. I've tried re-installing printer and have tried re-installing wireless adapter. Nothing works. Anyone have any advice? PLEASE

HP Recommended

I use a linksys wireless adapter to connect. When I turn on all in one printer it disconnects my internet connection. Turn off printer then it'll connect me back to internet. I've tried with my HP all in one 1210 I have no problem. I have desktop windows XP. I've tried re-installing printer and have tried re-installing wireless adapter. Nothing works. Anyone have any advice? PLEASE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.