Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my photosmart D110 is marked as offline and wont print

HP Recommended
My internet system was down for 4repair days now my printer won't print, it says it's offline and when I put ut back online it says there's an error. What next?
HP Recommended

Hello Nana1953. What is the exact error you are getting? I would like you to try the exact steps posted on this document, and determine if this helps you are not. Please respond with your results. I'm only here to help!

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have been using my D110 printer for a couple years with no issue.  In the last couple weeks I've had problems with it going offline if it sits idle for a period of time and I am unable to print.  The only way I've found to resolve this is to power cycle the printer.  Printer will continue to work fine until it goes idle for a period of time (don't know how long it takes but idle periods are usually in hours).  Then I have to power cycle again to print.  Very annoying.  The only thing I can think of that may coincide with the surfacing of this issue is that I tried to update the printer software.  I got an error during the update though, so didn't think the new software was installed.  Any ideas on what might have happened and how to fix?

HP Recommended

Hi dscholz,

I understand you've been experiencing an issue with your printer going offline and having to power cycle it to use the Photosmart D110 again. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but will certainly do my best to help.

I did read that you tried a software update that failed and are wondering if that could have caused the issue. It is possible that the update caused an issue, it could also be an update to the router causing it to appear offline when it isn't. What I'd like you to try first to resolve this issue is downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer. This tool can fix a number of issues, so please try this tool first (running both fix printing and fix scanning please) and let me know if the issue persists.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I ran the utility and the printer seemd to be working but after a day, the same issue returned and now it's worse.  Now I have to power cycle every time I try to print, even if i'm printing documents within a minute.  I guess I'll have to revert to my 10yr old Canon s800 which has never failed me.... 😞

HP Recommended

Hi dscholz,

Sorry to hear that the issue returned. We can definitely try a few more things if you're still wanting to.

First, it would be a good idea to power cycle everything together. This means I would like for you to turn off the printer and computer completely, and once they are both off I'd like you to unplug your router for about 15-30 seconds. Then you will put the power cord back into the router and wait for the lights to return to normal. Once they are all back on, please turn the computer and then the printer back on.

If the issue persists you can try these steps to set a permanent IP address on the printer, which can help keep it from disconnecting as well.

Hopefully this gets

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.