11-30-2008 07:23 PM
Photosmart all in one C4380 offline
Have this printer installed wirelessly for a few months. Printer worked for some time but goes offline after a while. Tried uninstalling/installing, plugging/ unplugging but problem came back. I even attempted assigning IP address but program couldn’t locate printer.
Please advice on solutions to this problem.
My info as per Network Configuration Page:
Network Status: Offline
Active connection type: None
Please let me know if you need additional information
12-01-2008 01:40 AM
Delete the printer icon from printers folder. Click File then server properties then click on the ports tab. delete the TCP/IP port associated with the printer.
Insert the cd and then click add a device. Choose network as the connection type. Then when it is searching for the printer, click next when it cannot locate it and then you will be prompted to connect the usb temporarily (this is the tricky part since this printer requires the usb connected temporarily and you have to wait for the installation screen to ask fo it) then it will try to locate your network. And then continue searching for the printer. It will eventually ask you to disconnected the usb at some point.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)