Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Dear reader,

I bought a HP photosmart C510a about 6 years ago in the Netherlands.
I am currently in Poland and here the printer does not work.
In the beginning there was a error message about the ink. I resetted everything.
But now he does not print. I have used only the tablet, i did not connect it to the computer. I wanted to do a print test but i can not do it.
The printer shows that it is printing but nothing happens.
What could be the problem? Could you give me some advice what to do. I would be very grateful because i really like this printer a lot!

Kind regards,Marek
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@marcus10

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you have relocated and now the printer doesn't work,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted to change the regionalisation settings?

If you haven't, Here are all the details you need to get started on changing the regional settings and the first step towards resolving your concern: 

HP customizes some products and cartridges to meet specific local customer needs. During your initial printer setup, the printer automatically set itself to accept cartridges specific to a country or region. If you take your product from that country to another country, you might not find cartridges with the same number on the label as your original cartridges. These cartridges will not work in your product even though they appear to be compatible with it. If you purchase cartridges that you believe are compatible with your product and then try to install them, you might see one of the following error messages: 

• 'Incompatible Cartridges' 

• 'Cartridge Not Intended for this Printer' 

• 'Incorrect Cartridges' 

Resolving a cartridge-related error message after moving to another country: Click here 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thank you very much for your answer! It is nice to know that you want to help me!

The region poland is not mentioned in my printer, what to do about that?

The cartridges don t give a problem at the moment, i think, because it doesn't t mention it as a problem.

if you need more information i will be glad to provide it. just let me know.

is there any opportunity to send you pictures from the messages on the e station / tablet?

thank you again!

HP Recommended

@marcus10

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I understand your region isn't showing up in the document I shared and to help you with the same I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i made pictures of all messages. maybe that helps?

IMG_4254.JPGIMG_4257.JPGIMG_4255.JPGIMG_4256.JPGIMG_4258.JPGIMG_4259.JPGIMG_4260.JPGIMG_4255.JPGIMG_4262.JPGIMG_4261.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.