Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for posting this.  I have Win 7 64-bit and an HP Photosmart P1000 connected via USB, and used your advice to make its driver be the Deskjet 990c.  The printer installs, but when I go to print test page or anything else, it simply feeds a blank page.  Any ideas?  My PC is an HP Pavilion Slimline.   thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks to the guy taht wrote the solutyion in 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!

still works in 2012

I installed the deskjetdriver for my old ^photosmart p1000 stll valid and alive after 8 years

great product

thks all

Dom

HP Recommended

The 990c driver just produced blank pages.

The Deskjet 1220c driver works great!!

Thanks so much!!!

HP Recommended

To help future users with the same problem maybe the ADMIN could shift the solution to the problem to PAGE1 of this thread !?!?

With me it also works:

The Deskjet 1220c driver works great!! (Windows-printer-driver-Update required first)

The 990c driver just produced blank pages.

Thanks to everyone

HP Recommended

@jkpsr wrote:

where can I get a driver for my Photosmart P1000 for Windows 7?

Thanks,

Jack

@jkpsr wrote:

Thanks,

Jack

@jkpsr wrote:

Thanks,

Jack

@jkpsr wrote:

Thanks,

Jack

@jkpsr wrote:

Thanks,

Jack

@jkpsr wrote:

Thanks,

Jack

HP Recommended

Follow the instructions below. 

1. Plug the printer into the computer

2. Open Devices and printers

3. Click on Add a printer

4. Change the port from LPT1 to USB port

5. Click the Windows Update button (Refer to screenshot below)

6. Click on HP, and then Chose HP Deskjet 990c driver (Refer to screenshot below)

7. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the printer using the 990c driver.

990c.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

i have installed hp deskjet  990c then what do i do next

HP Recommended
can i have get next step
HP Recommended

I'm having same issue...with one addition. My screen's not showing Windows Update.

I see most messages are 16 months old. Anyone found a solution?

HP Recommended

Hey Studiooffice,

I saw your post for drivers for the Photosmart p1000.

Here is a link for them.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=61872&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

Also if you can not update windows you could try-

First try to click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started
Restart the computer after this step and try installing again.

Please feel free to contact me

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.