06-30-2014 07:04 AM
I use my HP officejet 6000 primarily for printing Black-only docs. I have Mac OS 10.7.5. I understand that there is a way to 'tell' the printer to print "Black-only", thus not making it necessary to have full or partially full color cartridges. Please provide me with the produce to modify my system for printing 'Black-only'
07-01-2014 01:58 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand that you are wondering how to print in black ink only, with your HP Officejet 6000 e609a. I am happy to help you with this issue!
Please be advised, this printer will still use some color if necessary even when printing black, and needs to have color in it, in order for the printhead not to be damaged.
In the meantime, here are the instructions for printing black ink only:
- Open TextEdit.
- Click on File.
- Click on Print.
- In the Orientation section Click on Paper Type/Quality in the dropdown box list.
- Click the right arrow next to Color Options.
- In the dropdown next to Color select Grayscale.
- Then select Black Ink Only beside Grayscale Mode.
- Click Print.
Hope this answers your question, please post back if you have anymore questions!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)