01-04-2013 10:13 AM
Wondering how I would use color ink to print black with my office jet 4500. Can never utilize my color since always printing in black ink. Thought there may be a way. Thanks
01-04-2013 10:37 AM
Normally there are 2 types of black printing:
(a) Grayscale: The printer will print in black (or nearly black) using a mixture of all inks (as we know: mixing prime colors at the right amount we can get from white to black).
(b) Black only: The printer will use black ink to print BUT it still consumes other inks during the warming up and other processes.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)