Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DavidPK

I stopped the print spooler service and got to the PRINTERS folder using your instructions.

There are many .tmp files, none dated in December 2015. There are two other files: FP0014.SHD (dated 12/4/2015) and FP0014.SPL (dated 12/2/2015).

1. Do I delete the FP0014.SPL dated 12/2/2015 which is about the time the stuck queque occurred?

2. Do I delete both FP0014.SHD and FP0014.SPL? The SHD file appears to have been created at the time I entered the PRINTERS folder. 

3. May I delete any or all of the .TMP files to eliminate unnecessary files that are possibly clogging the spooler? The oldest .TMP file is from April 2015 and most recent is from August 2015.

I don't want to delete the wring thing/s.

Thanks in advance for any additional advice you can provide.

HP Recommended

After trying the opmlpicated route suggested which didn't work for me I finally solved it by going to device manager, selected printers...right clicked over picture of printer,  selected troubleshooting and the pc did the rest.

HP Recommended

This was a quick solution, and your instructions were easy to follow, even though there were a lot of steps. I restarted the print spooler in Services instead of restarting the computer. Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Sadly enough, 

The quickest solution I've found by far is to go to Control Panel: Hardware & Sound: Devices & Printers, right-click your printer that's having issues, Remove Device, and then Add Printer back and it should be gone.

THIS IS WHY "OFFICE SPACE" IS SUCH A PROPHETIC MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended
I'm from Apple nation. This HP8600 which ain't cheap mind you is the absolute LAST item I have that isn't an APPLE product. In fact, I'm only registering now to leave a distasteful unsupportive comment for HP's executive board members who could honestly care less about any of your printers - mine included. They've all got their golden parachutes and tee off every weekend for 18 holes staring from the back 9.

Guys, your products suck - all of them. I've used them in the past while you all fought hard to win customers over Apple. It didn't work - never will. Thank you for pushing me to jump ship. And although my printer issue is an echo of what most all these other folks are complaining about, I'll just purchase my Canon tomorrow and sell the 8600 and NEVER recommend another client of mine as so much to look in HP's direction.
HP Recommended

Great directions. I followed them line-for-line and it worked perfectly. As a couple of others stated, I didn't have to restart computer. I restarted the Print Spooler under Services. I was concerned about deleting all the files on the c:\windows\system32\spool\printers as someone else questioned, but due to no answer to their question I decided to try it. I did delete 182 items equalling 43.2mb in that folder with no issues. I am running Windows 10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.