Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Ever since getting my MacBook Pro I have had frequent random problems trying to print wirelessly.  The most common problem is the printer will say "Printing - The printer is not responding."  

I have yet to figure out what is causing this.  A few days ago I was able to print perfectly fine.  No lag time, no delays... just hit print and out it would come.  

Suddently today it's not working.  

Nothing has happened or changed in my house that I know of to cause this.  

I have this problem a lot.  I'd say every 2-3 months, if not more.  

Today, and in the past, I went through the steps to set up a static IP and I even (via Settings > Printers & Scanners) added the printer back via IP.  When I did this today it worked for about 4 print jobs.... and now I'm trying to print a basic 6 page PDF document and it won't work.  

Another issue is in the midst of this problem I will let the print job just sit there.  After about 20 minutes the printer suddenly woke up and printed 4 of the 6 pages.  Now it has stopped.... page 5 halfway out.... and a few moments later it just spits out the 5th page only half printed..... 

Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EMerchant23

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. I understand that you are getting slow printing issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Reset the printer.
  • Check the print driver settings.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the print driver.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Check the network status.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 Could you please re-read my original question because I'm not sure if you saw all the issues I'm having... 

I don't know if I would describe the problem as "slow printing" ... the problem, in a nutshell, is that it fails to print.  I also have problems where the page will begin printing... suddenly it will stop as the paper is halfway through... then moments/minutes go by and the page will just spit out with only half of it printed (thus wasting paper and ink).  

Advice?

HP Recommended

@EMerchant23

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand that printer prints half page and stops.

The above-mentioned steps should fix this issue.

Though the title of the document is different,

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.