Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Officejet 8620 connected to one computer via USB.  This is an older computer using Win XP and is NOT connected to the internet. That is working fine.

I would like to ALSO connect another computer (running Win 10)  to the same printer wirelessly.  I do have a wireless router connected to (and operating) the second computer.  Can it be done?  How?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Sorry. Should work. Connect the printer to your router wirelessly and install the software on your computer. USB and wireless can co exist.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Oh... wait...
HP Recommended

The XP computer now wired to the printer is NOT on the network; as far as I know it has no wireless capability.

HP Recommended
Sorry. Should work. Connect the printer to your router wirelessly and install the software on your computer. USB and wireless can co exist.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can connect printer to one machine using USB and to other machine(s) to use wireless network. From my tests, I could not send jobs to printer at the same time. The USB connected job took priority and the network connted job(s) failed, I had to restart that/those job/jobs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.