01-21-2010 02:15 PM
Is there a printer driver available for my old Mac G-3 running OS 8.6 that will operate an HP CP2025dn printer?
I recently retired my venerable Laserwriter Select 360 (14 years old and still working!) with a nice CP2025dn. My main computer is now a Vista machine and of course the CP2025dn works great there. But I still use the old G-3 for some things. Right now I have to export any file as a pdf, and then transfer it to the Vista machine to print. If there was a printer driver that would work on the OS8.6 machine, I'd save myself a fair amount of trouble.
Just for reference purposes, the G-3 has 640 MB memory, and does have a firewire port which allows it to be tied to my USB hub.
And just for humor, you wouldn't believe the lashup I had to get the G-3 to print on the Select 360. The Select 360 predated USB!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)