04-28-2010 10:38 AM
I have a fairly new - as of January - Photosmart Plus B209 printer. It has worked perfectly. The other day I put in a new cartridge and the screen says it is either damaged or not there. I bought another cartridge, but it is not recognizing that one either. When I go into the HP solution center it says my printer is disconnected. I have shut the printer off and on several times, I have unplugged and replugged in the power chord a few times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software once, still I get the same message. Maybe the spot where the cartridge goes is actually bad. It looks fine. I have cleaned it with the soft cloth as mentioned in one help. The cartridge snapped in place like normal. I do have insurance on it, if it needs replacing. I would like to get this solved. I really like this printer.
Thank you for any help!
04-29-2010 05:20 PM
I want to add to the question I asked yesterday. I got the disconnected problem figured out. Some how my Zone Alarm had changed its setting so it would not allow for sharing printers. That is solved. Now, I just need to figure out this ink problem. I have tried about every trick I can.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)