Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. My HP Photosmart 6510 will only print color. When I try to make a black copy it will not print on draft or normal however if I set it to "Best Quality" it prints some of the stuff in very light grey.
HP Recommended

No matter what I do, when printing a document that has words and no images, all I get is faint grayscale color and NOT black.

I've done everything on all the previous posts suggestions and no change.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US A SOLUTION, I have just purchased all new XL ink cartridges HP brand. $$$

or.... tell me which other HP printer uses cartridges 564.

HP Recommended

After a software change I couldn't print from Word. When I tried to print from my HP C309A printer it would only print in a very light barely visible gray.  Tried many things but what fixed it for me was to try to print a page, then when the print screen appears, under the name of the printer it said "printer properties", clicked on that.  Clicked on the tab on the top that says "color", made sure "print In color" was checked and under "color management" in the drop down menu I selected Application Managed Colors.  After that I could print in Word.  This may not be the fix for everyone but hope it helps someone as it drove me crazy until I tried that. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.