Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi! Could you please tell me what exactly should i do in "God mode" in order to fix the issue? I already activated it but I cannot find the setting you are talking about. Thank you : )

HP Recommended
Go to the printer under godmode, right click on it and go to compatibility then change it to an era which your printer worked with such as win 7, 8, 8.1. You used to be able to find the compatibility mode easier on older versions on Windows but not 10.
HP Recommended

I have a HP F2280 that didn’t print the correct colours since the PC was updated to Windows 10.

I followed all the HP tests which showed everything was OK with the printer. It would print a test page with the correct colours, but when I printed using Word, the colours were wrong. If I connected a Macbook to the printer the colours were OK.

Thanks to Robbie81 for mentioning Godmode, love it, why isn’t this more easily available.

I couldn’t find the compatibility function you mentioned but I did find Color Management in the printer properties. Having opened Color Management, I selected the printer and then selected the tick box “Use my settings for this device”. I also changed the Profile selection to manual. This fixed the problem J. Deselecting the tick box or changing the Profile selection to Automatic now doesn’t stop it printing correctly, so I can’t confirm if changing to manual was required.

Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

Where do you do this in Godmode? I cannot find the correct location of where to change my printer to run as Windows 8.1. Any details you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended
It's a command you enter into the command line. Google Windows Godmode and you should be able to find out the code. I don't have the command memorized sorry.
HP Recommended

Thank you Stuart56 (and all the others). My problem was exactly the same as yours (wrong colours on my F2280), and I have spent countless hours removing and re-installing drivers as per the advice offered by the HP Support Team. The test print from the HP Print and Scan Doctor does seem to have fixed it now, but that only leads to serious questions about HP's competency in this matter, and the obvious lack of knowledge of their support team in not proposing this solution straight away, rather than resorting to lazy options such as changing cartridges and the driver updates, etc.

HP Recommended

Exctly the same problem as others using Windows 10 64-bit and a F2180 printer using a generic F2100 series driver and connected via USB - the colours come out wrong when sent from a document. I've spent all day and 3 new catridges on this already to no avail...

I tried to use HP Print and Scan Doctor v4.9 as others suggested  but it hangs about 50% way through during the "Communicating with your selected product" phase.  

I also tried using the Colour Management option but no difference for me if "Use my settings for this device" was checked or not.

As regards the Godmode suggestion isn't that just doing what can be done already - I don't think it's  offering any new options?  The compatibility tab appears anyway when you right click a *.exe file...my problem was more I didn't know what file it  should be set on...

Thanks for others suggestions - HP support seem to have missed the real issue on this  I think. 

HP Recommended
This was the only way I could access comparability mode in 10. Idk why they took it out of the right click menu.
HP Recommended

I don't think the compatibility tab is there for non .exe file extensions in general but it's definitely there for .exe extensions

You don't remember what the printer file was you applied the windows 8 compatibility mode to was by any chance?

HP Recommended
Under God mode I just went to printers and set it to Windows 8.1 mode. Funny thing is both and Microsoft and HP said my printer should work fine.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.