08-27-2013 07:08 AM
Hi I have been having trouble with a few printers at my office where as it will print 100s of pages of just symbols and gibberish. It does this randomly.
Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to stop it?
P.S. This thread has been moved from Legacy Feedback Forums > Business Support Web Site to Laserjets.
-HP Forum Moderator
09-10-2013 12:26 AM
Request you to give more information of your printer rinter Model ,
What Connectivity is used -USB , Parallel Or Network ?
Do you get any garbage print out while printing Printer self test pages without connecting any connectivity cable except power cable ?
i work for hp
09-11-2013 12:03 AM
Symbols and gibberish text gets printed if one or the other file of the driver is corrupted.
The solution to this problem is to upgrade/replace the existing driver which is in use and install a Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 (UPD PCL6) or a Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript (UPD PS).
Please find the link to download the drivers mentioned above.
For UPD PCL6 :
For UPD PS :
The above two drivers should resolve your issue.
I work for HP in Printer Department.
Please send Kudos if you are satisfied with this suggestion.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)