Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet Pro L7680 printer, and I have two new Windows 7 laptops that share the same problem going through the wireless home network.  The printer status shows as OFFLINE, but when I restart the laptops, it prints the documents that are waiting in the  print queue after the restart. My desktop is able to connect without any problems through the home network cable.  ANy thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good News, and thanks to all that replied.  As I was clicking around, I noticed in the OfficeJet Properties window a button, Configure Ports at the lower right.  In the next window, I clicked OFF the SNMP Status Enabler, and my document in the print queue printed.  Now I am going to my daughters laptop and fix that,

Thanks again. Jim

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

What router?

Download and run this utility: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-104282-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I am using my Quick Dog, a Cisco Valet Plus Wireless router.  The Utility ran fine, and it shows that the printer is Enabled, but the dialog box still shows the printer as Offine.  I know it is connected, as when I restart my computer, the signal is sent through the router and the network, and it prints after the restart.  There must me a button or a check box someplace that keeps the printer Offline. I have clicked around in the Properties box, but nothing changes. 

HP Recommended
go to print, then right click on the printer and click use printer offline to take of the check that makes you print offline....hope this helps

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). Yours is 192.168.1.100 to .149.  Let's use 192.168.1.200 for your printer.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Good News, and thanks to all that replied.  As I was clicking around, I noticed in the OfficeJet Properties window a button, Configure Ports at the lower right.  In the next window, I clicked OFF the SNMP Status Enabler, and my document in the print queue printed.  Now I am going to my daughters laptop and fix that,

Thanks again. Jim

HP Recommended

my printer shows off line when I try to print something from by desktop.  My husband can print remote with his laptop with no problem.  When I go into the printer list, it does not show working offline checked but up at the top it says printer offline.  I've tried rebooting, turning off the modem, turning off the printer, disconnecting the USB, I went to help and followed the direction to go to services and click printer spool and make sure it is set.  it showed STOP instead of start, so I clicked start...still would not show online.  I've had this off and on and try everything and then it all of a sudden in a day or so starts printing again.  But the offline always happens when I REALLY need to be able to print.  I am soon getting to the point of my next solution being a hammer......so frustrated...and i am not very computer handy.....  what do I try next?

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

It says, "Buy any printer other than an HP. They have moved to the bottom of the pile."

HP Recommended

this is funny is understand as a student and when the work must get done now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.