Post new question
Question
Printer will not print black after changing cartridge
Replies (50)

Tutor
Message 41 of 51 (889 Views)

Re: Printer will not print black after changing cartridge

I answered and "posted" but I don't see it. Maybe it's in the mill? I'll try to check back later.

Highlighted
Student
Message 42 of 51 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]

My printer had the same problem - when printing a typical Word document page, it would put some black ink on paper, but only some lines would print, leaving most of the page blank.

I tried to realign the heads several times, it did not fix the problem. I changed the black ink cartridge, it did not help either.

So I went on Amazon, ordered new "hp original" printing heads, got them delivered from a third party vendor in a couple of days, changed the heads, and now my printer works as new. 

Changing the heads costs me 1/3 of the price of a new printer. The local electronics company who sold be the printer did not have heads on stock and was only willing to sell me a new printer.

Honor Student
Message 43 of 51 (702 Views)

Me too!!!! what did you end up doing???

Honor Student
Message 44 of 51 (701 Views)

but they are brand new cartidge?

Honor Student
Message 45 of 51 (701 Views)

me too...how did you fix the problem

Honor Student
Message 46 of 51 (695 Views)

Did you get any feed back on this???

Student
Message 47 of 51 (620 Views)

have inserted new black cartridge but cannot print black

HP Support Agent
Message 48 of 51 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi folks.

Please post back with some additional detail, such as what you have tried so far and what printer model you have;  How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please also let me know your Country/region, Please include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

Use the following link to check your warranty. If you are in warranty, you might consider calling us. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 49 of 51 (330 Views)

I have a HP Photosmart 6520 eAll in One printer.  After changing print cartridges my printer will not print in black.  I am out of warranty so probably going to have to replace.

I see that one suggestion is to manually clean but have no idea how, any help appreciated.

Student
Message 50 of 51 (275 Views)

I have the exact same problem. Please help! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation