Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer Model: HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310a

After I changed the black cartridge, I can't print anymore black pages from my computer (prints out blank page)

and when I tried aligning the printer, it failed too

Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the comments. I ended up going to the place on the printer that said to clean the print head and it worked, at least for now. If not, then I will try to clean it in the hot water. Thanks

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  My printer is an HP Officejet 4500.  Can someone please help?

HP Recommended

4500 same problem help would be usefull !

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem and I am sure that the print head needs replacement even though it is only 8 months old.  HP chat with Richard (chat # 14320233) was little help and he did not tell me how to get a replacement print head.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Try this one first: manually clean the contact points of the printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

.If this will not work. you need to contact Hp tech support to replace your printhead. Printhead can only be ordered via callcenter.

Hope this will work.... 😃

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
HP Recommended

Same problem here. I will try to clean the contacts, if it fails the best option for me it's to buy a new printer, because repair it is more expensive than buy a new one.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP Photosmart 3210, it will not print in black, it's very faint but the color works fine and when I try to do an alignment it says: Alignment failed. Refer to device documentation for details.

HP Recommended

I looked at several blogs on the HP site which concerned problems similar to mine.  I combined several approaches and now have a printer that works correctly.  I removed the print head and soaked it  for three 5-minute cycles in hot (~170 F) distilled water about 3/4 inch deep with continuous mild agitation.  The first soaking quickly turned the water black, the second ended with the water a dark grey color, but the third rinse was nearly clear.  The hot distilled water dissolved the dried ink in the small ink passages from the cartridges to the ink ejection part of the print head.  I then carefully dried the print head as per instructions, cleaned the electrical contacts on the printer, and placed the print head and the ink cartridges in the printer.  I turned off the printer, then unplugged it for one minute.  I the plugged it in and turned it on, allowing it to print an alignment sheet.  Because some water remained in the ink passageways, the sheet had some blank areas but a homemade test sheet which has small samples of many color dots and words in every Word color was then printed with very good results.  The printer has now worked perfectly for a week.

HP Recommended
My printer is the Hp5440, The black cartrige is the HP 92 brand new. After automatic clean, the cartrige used a fair amount of ink and left the cartrige full of ink. Yet the test for auto-clean shows no black
HP Recommended

I'm am getting the following message.  Ink System Failure.  Ink system has failed.  Unable to copy, receive faxes or print.  Refer to printer documentaion.  Error: 0xc19a0013

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.