Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5546
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm hoping to be able to print my wedding invites on A6 size paper but am having trouble getting the printer to recognise the paper. (help screen says it does not recognise the paper size requested). 

I am a novice at this and would appreciate a step by step guide as to how to do this.

Many many thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi CB85,

Do take note the Photo Tray does not recognise A6 media, you will have to load it into the Main Tray where you load the A4 or Letter Size media.

1. Pull out the input tray and insert your A6 media;
  2. Display Panel will prompt "Current Paper Settings",  Select "Main Tray";
  3. Select "Paper Size";
  4. Select "A6(105x148.5mm)"
  5. Select "DONE".

I would believe that when you print, you would know how to select the Paper Size from the driver, in case you need help, here are the steps:-

1. Click "Print" for the file you would like to print;
  2. Ensure that the printer you select is correct and the status of the printer is "Ready";
  3. Click on "Print Options"/"Printer Properties"/"Options" dependable on which SW you are using to open the wedding invites and you will see this Window prompt as below which is default at the "Printing Shortcut" tab:-Printer Properties.JPG
  4. Select the "Paper Type" of the media you are using to print by clicking the dropdown button and select the correct media type;
  5. Click on "Paper/Quality" tab and you will see the below window prompt:-Paper Size.JPG
  6. Make sure that the "Paper Source" is at the "Main Tray" else just click on the dropdown button to select the correct tray;
  7. Click on "Advanced..." button which is above the "OK" button and you will see the below window prompt:-Paper.JPG
  8. Under "Paper Size", click on the dropdown button and select "A6" media;
  9. Click "OK";
  10. You will see the screen below again, just click "OK";Paper.JPG
  11. Click "Print" finally.

Hope my steps are detailed enough for you to troubleshoot on your printing problem.

Do let me know if you have any feedback or in need of anymore clarifications.

Regards, Evin

Click "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks/Give Encouragement"

Appreciate if you mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi CB85,

Do take note the Photo Tray does not recognise A6 media, you will have to load it into the Main Tray where you load the A4 or Letter Size media.

1. Pull out the input tray and insert your A6 media;
  2. Display Panel will prompt "Current Paper Settings",  Select "Main Tray";
  3. Select "Paper Size";
  4. Select "A6(105x148.5mm)"
  5. Select "DONE".

I would believe that when you print, you would know how to select the Paper Size from the driver, in case you need help, here are the steps:-

1. Click "Print" for the file you would like to print;
  2. Ensure that the printer you select is correct and the status of the printer is "Ready";
  3. Click on "Print Options"/"Printer Properties"/"Options" dependable on which SW you are using to open the wedding invites and you will see this Window prompt as below which is default at the "Printing Shortcut" tab:-Printer Properties.JPG
  4. Select the "Paper Type" of the media you are using to print by clicking the dropdown button and select the correct media type;
  5. Click on "Paper/Quality" tab and you will see the below window prompt:-Paper Size.JPG
  6. Make sure that the "Paper Source" is at the "Main Tray" else just click on the dropdown button to select the correct tray;
  7. Click on "Advanced..." button which is above the "OK" button and you will see the below window prompt:-Paper.JPG
  8. Under "Paper Size", click on the dropdown button and select "A6" media;
  9. Click "OK";
  10. You will see the screen below again, just click "OK";Paper.JPG
  11. Click "Print" finally.

Hope my steps are detailed enough for you to troubleshoot on your printing problem.

Do let me know if you have any feedback or in need of anymore clarifications.

Regards, Evin

HP Recommended

Hi @CB85,

Thank you for writing to HP forum. I will try to address your trouble in getting the printer Envy 5546 to recognize A6 paper.

Would you please give a try to follow the step by step "load media"guide on page 10 of this manual link http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04762607.

Please make sure that you load the paper onto the correct tray. The photo tray on HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One series only supports the 4 x 6 inches 10 x 15 cm photo paper. If you want to print on other supported photo paper, load it into the main paper tray.

Hope this would help to resolve your printing issue. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am looking forward to getting your reply soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

kiaora16

Please click “Kudos Thumbs Up” as an encouragement and “Accept As Solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

This is a really helpful response with very thorough narrative and the images are great!

Thank you so much. We might actually get some guests now...! Thanks again

HP Recommended

Useful link, good to know. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi CB85,

Thanks for your support to HP, glad that I am able to resolve your printing issues.

Congras to your happy BIG BIG day. Best Wishes to your Blissful Marriage.

Regards, Evin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.