Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4504
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I printed a document on my printer last week. Is it possible this is still available on the printer somewhere? Does it get stored? Thanks for any help on this as I do not have it saved to my computer & need another copy.

Many thanks for your assistance

John Roberts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Frederick51, you are welcome.

The print jobs stay in the e-print or HP connected print history for only 30 days.

You may check the link for this information: Learn About ePrint History in HP Connected

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Frederick51, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted to know the document that you printed last week gets stored in the printer or not.

The printer does not have a separate memory to store the printed documents. It uses the computer memory for a short period till the document gets printed. Once the document gets printed the memory gets refreshed and all the printed data gets erased. The only way you can print is if the document is saved on your computer hard disk.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Rainbow23.

Not the answer I was lloking for obviously but such is life.

I did ask this question a few years ago when I had a Windows computer and this is the answer I got then :-

Re: Reprint an old document [ Edited ]
Options
‎02-15-2015 09:15 PM - edited ‎02-15-2015 09:16 PM
Just as another solution, when you send a document to your printer via ePrint (i.e. emailing the document to your printer's email address), it is saved in your HP Connected (formerly ePrint Center) account for 30 days.

Is this no longer an option as I,m struggling to get to grips with it now that I'm on an Apple Computer.

Can't find it anywhere on my HP Account anywhere (the answer is now 2 years old and thing change obviously?)

Many thanks

John Roberts

HP Recommended

@Frederick51, you are welcome.

The print jobs stay in the e-print or HP connected print history for only 30 days.

You may check the link for this information: Learn About ePrint History in HP Connected

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.