Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop to print a 2510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Linx tablet running Window10. I have connected an HP Desktop 2510 printer via USB. I can print web pages successfully, and can also print pictures held under my local Desktop/Pictures folder. However, when I try to print an OpenOffice document or a PDF file held on my local drive, the printer reacts, and the paper moves through the printer, but nothing is printed. Not sure what to do next....any advice gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi NigelK,

I would think that the printer software is not installed properly for Win10, here are the steps to troubleshoot the PSC2510 printer:-

Step 1: To automatically detect and resolve printing issue, Download and Run HP Print and Scan Doctor supported in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
This is the fastest way to diagnose what is wrong with your printer or interface.

Step 2: Update the printer firmware
The printer firmware might be outdated or corrupted. Download the latest firmware version for your printer.
  1. Turn on the printer.
  2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
  3. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
  4. Click Firmware, and then click Download.
  5. Use the HP Download and Install Assistant for a guided firmware download and installation, or select Download only to manually open or run the driver file through your Internet browser’s download tools.
If updating the printer firmware resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer software
Corrupted or incomplete software could cause the printer to feed a blank page after each print job.
  1. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
  2. Search Windows for uninstall a program, and then click the Uninstall a program Control Panel setting in the list of results.
  3. In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.
  5. Restart the computer.
Step 4: Reinstall the printer software
Download and install the latest print driver from the HP website.
  1. Turn on the printer.
  2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
  3. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
  4. Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
If downloading the latest driver resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
Step 5: Print directly to the printer
Change the printer spooler option in printer properties to print directly to the printer.
  1. Search Windows for devices and click Devices and Printers in the list of results.
  2. In the list of installed programs, right-click your HP printer name, and then click Printer properties.
    You might need to click the name of your printer.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. Select the option Print directly to the printer.
  5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Looking forward for your updates.

Click "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks/Give Encouragement"

Appreciate if you mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.