Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7610
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I'm trying to print photos on this paper designed for art transfers. The instructions on the paper say to set your printer to print on a transparency, but there is no setting for that on this printer. I've tried printing on normal and best settings and the ink gunks up on both of them equally. Would anyone mind sharing their work around for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you using Inkjet media?  Computer Grafix has media for Inkjet and different media for Laser printing.  The two are not compatible, make sure you are using the propere media.  Also, the Inkjet media has two sides, make sure you are printing on the correct side. From the Computer Graphix site:

How can you tell which side is Ink Jet Printable on the .004” Matte 2 sided Ink Jet film?

Using a highlighter, draw a line with multiple colors on each side. The ink jet side should be brighter and more consistent lines. The non-ink jet side should be dull and the lines may not be consistent. The highlighter may not dry on the non-ink jet side also.

Do you sell one film that can be used in both Laser and Ink Jet printers?

No, just one or the other.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you using Inkjet media?  Computer Grafix has media for Inkjet and different media for Laser printing.  The two are not compatible, make sure you are using the propere media.  Also, the Inkjet media has two sides, make sure you are printing on the correct side. From the Computer Graphix site:

How can you tell which side is Ink Jet Printable on the .004” Matte 2 sided Ink Jet film?

Using a highlighter, draw a line with multiple colors on each side. The ink jet side should be brighter and more consistent lines. The non-ink jet side should be dull and the lines may not be consistent. The highlighter may not dry on the non-ink jet side also.

Do you sell one film that can be used in both Laser and Ink Jet printers?

No, just one or the other.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Yes I'm using inkjet. I found yesterday that it worked when I put it on draft, but not as intense as I would like. However I have lost some sensation in my fingers and did not know how to tell one side from another so I really appreciate your finding this highlighter solution! Thank you!
HP Recommended

The "Draft" settings will use about half the ink, which may be too light.  Now that you have identified the correct side to print you might try Normal or Best mode,  Both these will use about the same amount of ink, Best will likely give somewhat better results but will take longer.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.