Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just installed an HP Officejet Pro 8600, and looking for a custom paper size of A4 but minus about 2cm from the bottom of the page (Allows me to print documents from a particular program that I can't edit the margins on) but have paper that I have to avoid printing over a letter head footer.

Is there a way I can edit the paper size??  I used to be able to do it on the HP L7380that I have hust replaced.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

HP Recommended

What is the operating system of the computer you are on?  You can create what is called a new form by going to the Devices and Printer's folder, highlighting your printer's icon and selecting Print Server Properties at the top.  However, if you are on a Mac that wouldn't work so for assistance in that, see the previous post.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

RE: Changing OJ Pro 8600 plus driver to HP Deskjet 6980 in order to print custom size papers & envelopes:

Are there any printing or performance capabilities that are sacraficed by switching the drivers?

Are you only switching to the alternate driver when printing custom sizes, and switching back to the 8600 driver for regular operation?

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

Yes that is correct. You can switch back and forth because yes it does appear, to me that is, there is something missing from the driver.

Did that alternate driver work for you?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but I have the 8500 series and the links provided are no longer working.  How would I go about getting the  HP Deskjet 6980 driver and I'm sorry I need help on how exactly to go about switching back and forth between the two.  

Thanks

HP Recommended

Here, try this link:

--How To Assign Alternate Print Drivers--

I hope that helps.  

HP Recommended

The previous posts say to install either the Deskjet 990c driver or the Deskjet 6980 driver.  The 6980 driver doesn't work with my 8610 (Windows 10 complains that "Printer settings could not be saved. The operation is not supported". And the 990c driver doesn't appear in the list.  Help!

HP Recommended

Hello@BobAtSBS

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

I understand that you need assistance on custom size paper printing, I would like to help.

Through my research, I have found the best document for your concern : Click here

Please complete the steps and let me know the outcome.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same,cheers:)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sizzlingsum_13,

I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with an HP tech support guy.  The Officejet Pro 8610 ignores the custom paper sizes created via the procedure outlined in the article you referenced.  We spent most of the two hours randomly trying to find an alternate driver that (1) works with my printer, and (2) knows about user-defined custom paper sizes.  If you read the rest of the posts in this forum, you'll see that everone here has struggled with the exact same issue.  The forum recommends a couple of alternate drivers, neither of which work any longer.

HP Recommended

@BobAtSBS

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again, cheers 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.