Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart 7510
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just posted a question about my printer not using the photo tray when trying to print with my new Windows10 laptop. It continue to only print from letter tray. I just checked properties and one other and it says that my photo tray is not available and in preferences says photo tray not installed yet it works with printing wirelessly with my iphone and ipad?

once again not sure if my Windows10 is 32 or 64. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Ensure any available tray is marked as Installed. press Apply, then OK and check for any difference.

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not sure if my windows 10 is 32 bit or 64

Anyway, just got a new Windows 10 laptop, am trying to print wirelessly to printer, it keeps using the letter tray instead of the photo tray. I can print no problem from my iphone and my ipad but not with this laptop, it uses the letter tray no matter how many times I put the size pic I need, what photo paper I am using etc! Help!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,
Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Ensure any available tray is marked as Installed. press Apply, then OK and check for any difference.

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Before I click anything, it will print from iphone and ipad, just not laptop, is it safe to change settings you recommended and not mess it up for the iphone and ipad? Is this setting recommendation just for the laptop? Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

It worked! thank you so much, I had to add the photo tray on! Not used to this Windows 10 miss my XP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.