Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks!!  It worked!!  :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

Do you happen to know how to set up the Officejet Pro 8600 to automatically print envelopes from one tray and paper from another tray two?  I have searched everywhere to figure out how to set this up.  What I basically want is for Tray 1 or 2 doesn't matter to me to print envelopes from a word document without me having to constantly take the paper out and load the envelopes in when I want to print a mass amount of letters and envelopes.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

All that sounded good, but it does not work! Each and every time, I get a "wrong paper size" error. Could my printer be defective and not seeing that I have replaced the paper with an envelope with tray adjustments? I have tried every Word and 8600 Pro paper size setting I can find. No Change. Help anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Yes, this is an absolutely stupid solution - having to purchase and load a 250 sheet tray for occasional envelopes.  a simple modification that allows a slide to fit and hold the envelope in place seems the best option.  But HP has never been known for their consumer friendly product design.  I also just purchased one of the 8600 printers WITHOUT the extra tray (and I won't buy one) so now I guess I'll be printing a lot of labels and tacking them onto envelopes.   Major failure of design for the small office.  HP should do a redesign/modification and offer it to all users at no cost!! Guess I should have kept my 25 year old typewriter - at least it could handle both letters and envelopes!  On my last HP printer - which also couldn't handle envelopes - I ended up talking to a corporate problem solver for HP who admitted that she couldn't understand why the product was designed without envelope capability.  But here we are 5 years later and the same issue.  Is no one listening at all?

HP Recommended

How do i set up bulk envelopoes with different addresses and print on an officejet Pro8600 printer

HP Recommended

Wow.  I came thisclose to buying the 8600 Pro, but in the store I couldn't find a way to print an individual envelope (or a single check with Quicken).  So, I came to this forum to find an answer.  Now I know the 8600 series won't work for me (an a lot of other users, apparently).  It's too bad because the 8600 looks like a cool printer.  I hope HP doesn't keep this poor design in future printers or they will lose my busness for good.

HP Recommended

Other HP printers handle envelopes much better. My B&W LasterJet P1606 has the easily accessible single-sheet feeder, as does my older LaserJet 2600. I'm pretty disappointed with how slowly the 8600 prints. 

HP Recommended

The 8600 does print envelopes. Take the standard paper out and place your envelopes in the tray. Move the slides to secure the envelope stack in place. You can now print envelopes individually or from a mail merge just as you would with any printer. Make sure that your computer printer feed setting is for middle feed.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast response, but this is hardly a solution.  I shouldn't have to take out trays or remove reams of paper and fiddle with adjustable glidepaths just to print just one envelope or check.  Early versions of this printer (i.e. 7300) did not require users to take these cumbersome steps.

HP Recommended

I agree with Lonestar10. My old Lexmark was easy w/slot for single envelopes. Also, it was easy to print a stack of Christmas envelopes. Not so with 8600!

After many, many emails from HP, I gave up and pulled my Lexmark from the give-away pile until after Christmas. Later, I figured out how to "fool" the 8600. Of course, I will have to start over later this year.

It is a shame that HP has people who would not actually listen and try to understand the problem. No help there.

My next printer will not be an HP!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.