Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

where is the manual paper feed tray?  I cannot see it on the back of the HP8600 where I was told it is.

HP Recommended

There is no manual feed option from the back of the 8600.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

HP has no realistic fix and have not responded to this feed. The only solution is to invest in a second paper tray for your envelopes. It can be attached to your printer so that you can set your envelope printing to go automatically to tray 2.

HP Recommended

How do I print envelopes on HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.

HP Recommended

@ninka, see message # 8 of this blog.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

my new hp8600 did print an envelope once but now I cannot get it to print an envelope. why?

HP Recommended

@ntintruder, what program are you using to print?

Any errors being displayed?

HP Recommended

The inability to print a single envelope is, in my opinion, an absolutely stupid design flaw! If someone made the conscious decision to skip this feature on this printer series they need to be demoted to janitor, or given the "option" of leaving and working for someone else. I've used HP printers since the 80s and have never seen a more ignorant design mishap. Having to keep a seperate drawer for infrequently printed envelopes is stupid and highly irritating!

Now, having gotten that off my chest (if anyone wants to know how I really feel, re-read the above with anger and a very high degree of frustration in their voice), here's the problem I'm left with. The **bleep** printer will ONLY print envelopes from the TOP tray, not the bottome one. And even then, though this printer is only a couple months old, it is usually akin to pulling teeth to get the thing to pull an envelope through the printer. Usually it sits and tries and tries and tries, giving "Out of Paper" errors several times, and making me pull the tray and adjust the envelopes several times, before it will FINALLY pull the **bleep** thing through. If I have 8 or 10 envelopes to print I can count on it taking almost 30 minutes because of this! We have both the 8600 Premium and the 8600, and they both have the same problems drawing envelopes from the tray. I've tried setting the paper type to various weights (card stock, etc.) thinking that perhaps the rollers would use different amounts of pressure for different types of paper, but nothing seems to work.

HP used to be the best! But design errors like this will have me looking at all the competition from now on. I just can't count on HP for top quality or any more. Hopefully HP monitors these forums and actually takes into account the frustrations of their customers, correcting the ignorant decisions of their product designers.

HP Recommended

Pardon me for chiming in.  I bought an 8600 this weekend only to learn today that, after all these years, HP has forgotten how to design a printer.  I think the last printer where I could not print a single envelope still required paper that could be advanced on rollers with pegs.

Unbelievable.

HP Recommended

Just load the envelopes in tray1 and remember to select Paper Source to "Tray1" rom application before printing.

Please note that only tray1 support envelops printing and do not load more than five envelopes at a time.

Steps to load envelopes : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02890475

Info on supported envelopes :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02858465

Hope this help !

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below if the information is helpful !
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.