Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i need to print a single envelop on my hp officejetpro 8600

HP Recommended

At the moment the HP Officejet 8600 Pro only allows all envelope printing by:

1-Removing paper tray

2-Removing paper in tray

3-set envelopes in center of tray touching back end of tray.

4-Changing the guides to hold paper in place.

5-Re-insert tray

6-Print.

It's a bloody pain, but it works.

HP Recommended

No, it doesn't work.

I just purchases an Officejet Pro 8600 also, and although I load the tray with a few #10 envelopes, it will not print on my Mac using Endicia for Mac.  I continue to get the error message "paper mismatch."  

Can someone advise?  

HP Recommended

Suggestion:  Under System Preferences for you Mac, select Printer.   Then  set "Default paper size" to Envelope #10.  This is a nuisance, since once you print your envelopes, you will want to seet it back to US Letter.

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly! This is the first time I have ever attempted to print an envelope, and it was so easy. Thanks a million. Definitely worth several "kudos."

Larry

HP Recommended

How do I print a single envelope using my HP8660Premium printer?

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP Officejet Pro 8600 and I cannot get to print envelopes. I inserted a #10 envelope in the feed tray just like the example on the tray shows and adjusted the side rails and I keep getting an error message saying the paper is the wrong size. What's going on and can you help.

Thanks,

happysuz

HP Recommended

YOU CAN PRINT A SINGLE ENVELOPE ON AN 8600!   Leave the Paper in the tray, place the envelope (face down with the flap on LEFT)   Center the envelope with the rear knotch in the cassette  (on top of the existing paper).  Carefully push the paper cassette back in.    I'm using Envelope Print In Word...  Works like a Champ.  When I saw the paper setup I expected you'd/I have to Unload the paper to print one stinkin envelope.  

HP Recommended
I have the same problem. It won't print within 5/8 inch of the left margin. Any solution for this?
HP Recommended

This solution works with OpenOffice Writer[1] without making any changes to anything...

1. Pull tray and remove one sheet of paper (used in step 3)

2. Place an envelope face down against rear and right edges of tray (with "top" of envelope against right edge).

3. Place previously removed sheet under envelope's flap & close tray.

4. Print the entire document (or just the envelope)...  [envelopes are always the first "page" in an OpenOffice Writer document]

The printer will pull both the envelope and the single sheet through at the same time.  The purpose of the sheet is to act as a "carrier" for the envelope which will pass through skewed if not guided by the sheet.

I didn't read through all the posts in this thread, so sorry if this has been previously suggested.

[1] available free from http://openoffice.org

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.