Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows XP

I'm having an issue printing to my network from multiple Android devices. After successfully printing using the stock email app from one device, when I attempt to print from a second device using the same stock email app, I receive an error message after selecting Print that reads "Failed to change the settings. Try again.  Tapping RETRY doesn't accomplish anything.  The only way I am able to print from the second device is to FORCE STOP the HP Print Service Plug-in in the Application manager on the second device, clear the cache, and clear the data.  Sometimes I even have to uninstall and reinstall the HP print service plug-in on the second device to print from it. Then, after successfulI y printing from the second device this same issue occurs on the first device when I go to print from the first device again.  As you can see this is highly unproductive.  Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sammyg343,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from multiple Android devices to your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

This issue could occur if the latest print app is not installed.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App (Android & Apple)

You may also check the link: Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer

If the issue persists, then you may update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23,

Thanks for trying to help me.  Unfortunately, neither of your suggestions resolved my issues.  

I am using Android version 6.0.1 on both devices which connect to my home network via WiFi, and my HP OFFICEJET Pro 8600 N911 connects to the network by ethernet.  My computers are both Windows XP Service Pack 3 and they are only connected to the network via ethernet. Just so you know, my router is only about 6 months old.

I have HP Print Service Plug-in installed and enabled on both mobile devices, as well as HP All-in-One Remote and Google Cloud Print, and when I attempted to run the Firmware Update the printer showed up as firmware version up-to-date.

I am constantly receiving a "Failed to change the settings. Try again. RETRY" error message, and just now on 2 separate 2 sided documents received "Printer error" messages under Print jobs, "Could not start job" that wouldn't Restart, so we're Canceled.  The Print Spooler Has Stopped.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Sammyg343

Thanks for the update! I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Going through the post, it looks like some compatibility issues with the print service plugin. Since you installed the HP AiO app as well, uninstall both the print service plugin and the HP AiO remote app. Once done, restart the Android device.

Now, I would suggest using the HP ePrint app to print from your mobile device. HP ePrint app does not require the print service plugin to operate. Hence I believe this should give you a solution for your problem. Here are the detailed instructions on how to use the app: http://hp.care/2c5Hqm3

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hello Dvortex, and thank you for interested helping me. The work around your provided using the ePrint app does not resolve my issue. I want to use my devices stock email app without having to switch to a different email app for printing. Productivity is important and using the stock email app allows me to edit my database most easily. In older versions of the HP print service plugin I was always able to use the stock email apps to print as they were designed, and they always printed as they were designed. Additional HP support would be appreciated. Thank you
HP Recommended

@Sammyg343
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.