Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The LCD display of my Officejet 6500 709n has missing vertical lines. Anyway to fix it.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Not really.  You can try doing a partial reset, but I'm pretty sure there is no way to get rid of it.  Note:  Doing a partial reset will clear all user settings and put the printer back to factory defaults.

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord into the wall, but do not plug in the printer.
  6. Hold down the 3 and # buttons.
  7. While holding the buttons, plug in the printer.
  8. When the lights come on let go of the printer.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you're stuck with it.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks, I have already tried resetting the printer and that didn't help.

What of the following options do I have:

1. Try getting a replacement LCD from HP and replace it myself

2. Check with HP if it can be repaired free of cost (although out of warranty now)

3. Live with it and spread the word about it

HP Recommended

Well, the part isn't replacable, and HP won't repair it for free if it's out of warranty, so you can live with it or get a different one.  It's up to you what you do.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks. The reason I was mentioning about the free repair was that this seems to be an issue that has plagued these printers as there are many others complaining about it on the web This is poor workmanship. Anyways.

HP Recommended

Yes there is!! Check out my repair thread here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Display-screen-for-Officejet-6500-dissolved/m-...

I'm NOT an HP Printer Tech....................................  Unfortunately, no HP Tech Support is actually aware of this solution.  100% guaranteed because it is absolutely nowhere on the internet except on that link above.

Thanks,

Paul

PCFixerGuy.com

HP Recommended
It seem many people have this problem,How can we make H/P aware and let them know they will lose business if something isn`t done
HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you are having missing vertical lines on the printers display.

I have included this document for troubleshooting the display .

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01410697

Try another wall outlet in a different room.

Make sure the product is not exposed to an electric or magnetic field as the display might go blank.

Note: Move the product if it is near any electrical appliances (electric motors, fans, kitchen appliances, or televisions). Many of these devices do not have sufficient electrical shielding, and can induce electro-magnetic force (EMF).

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i c

@saveenergy2 wrote:

The LCD display of my Officejet 6500 709n has missing vertical lines. Anyway to fix it.

I cannot read the LCD screen on my printer, I just installed all new cartridges,  I need to know what buttons to press after installing the cartridges. 

HP Recommended

The same problem happened to me, slightly after the end of my warranty !

I see on forums that this problem happens to many users.  It looks like a pre-programmed bug...

I like your sweet advice : "...get a different one. It's up to you what you do" !

Really funny guys at HP....  Of course I will: I need one, but be sure it won't be and HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.