Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6600, and I'm receiving this message: 

"There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn printer off, then on.  If problem persists, contact HP."

Well, I have done that.  I have also run the hardware diagnostic tool, which had me unplug the printer and then back on, and I've done that a couple of times.  I still keep getting the error message.  I've also taken the printheads out of the printer and put them back in.  Does anyone have a solution that might be able to share with me for this problem?

Thanks,

Melinda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My problem was solved by the link in the first responce after my post. I tried power downs and plug pulls, but following that post EXACTLY.... worked. The method of pulling the power cord from the printer with it on cleared the error message and everything has worked perfectly since 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I was having problems with my Tri-Color Ink Cartridge...just as many other people were. After searching endlessly with no solutions to the problem I decide to take a flashlight and look inside the printer. What I found was a piece that had become crooked behind my color cartridge. It was a simple fix...I took a long thin flathead screwdriver and very GENTLY nudged it back into place. I then ran a TEST PAGE and ALIGNMENT before I printed anything...it worked! Below is a picture I took before I made the adjustment...the insert to the left hand side is where the color cartridge goes...if you notice, it appears to be crooked...it easily slid right back into place. I reinserted the cartridges and closed the door. IMPORTANT*** Make sure you unplug your printer before attempting to fix this*** Good luck and let's hope it is a permament fix and not a temporary one

HP Recommended

I have a Office Jet Pro 8600. This is the first time I have had to replace ink cartiges. Black ran out one day.  I ordered the black cartrige on line. While waiting, I printed a few things using color only. Then all three color ran out at once. I bought the color local. Installed and it would no longer print color only. (do not remeber the error message) I descided to wait for the black cartridge. It came in. After installing I get " Problem with printer or ink system. Turn off, then on. If problem percists, contact HP" 

I have turned off/on. Unpluged. Removed/reinstalled cartiges, same error. Can someone help

HP Recommended

Hey FunN4Lo,

I would take a look at the document on this issue found here.  There are quite a bit of steps listed and pictures provided.

Let me know how it turns out,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

How do you take the printehad out?  I could not figure out how.

HP Recommended

Also -  did you ever find a solution?  I am experiencing the same problem.

HP Recommended

My problem was solved by the link in the first responce after my post. I tried power downs and plug pulls, but following that post EXACTLY.... worked. The method of pulling the power cord from the printer with it on cleared the error message and everything has worked perfectly since 

HP Recommended
Thanks for the update.
BTW, which printer model do you have?
Thanks
Ciara
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Apologies FunN4lo, just saw your earlier post there, you have the 8600
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I have a problem with my cartridges.  The b&w cartridge is not being read by the printer.  I've turned on and off the printer, unplugged and plugged several times, taken out and put back in the cartridge but nothing is helping.  Any ideas?

I have an H{ F4500 series printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.