Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Inkjet D7360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Having problems with printing on a home network (NOT homegroup) from either PC to the printer via an IO Gear Print Server. The print queue states that there was an error. We have to clear out the print queue from each PC and then go into Windows Services to clear out the Print Spooler.  Once this is done, we can print after restarting both PCs and the printer. But the next time we want to print, AGAIN we get the same error message and have repeat the spooler clearing process. This is unacceptable. Windows 10, print server, or printer problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jozsef1944 - Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP support forums! I would be glad to assist you with your printer issue 🙂

I see that you have to clear the print queue each time when trying to print. Appreciate your efforts so far! Coming to the issue, this looks like an issue with the print driver. I would first recommend a clean install. Here are the steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://hp.care/2jVhNKW to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

NB: Also make sure that the “Print Spooler” service and the “Shell hardware detection” service is running and is “Automatic”.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.