Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have had my HP Officejet 4620 in working order for over three years now.  When my computer was updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I started to have problems with the printing.  I was unable to print things like forms from any website, they would not scan, etc.  All of it worked before.  I reset the printer to faculty default because I had no idea of what to do next.  I then tried to reinstall the softward from the website provided in the handbook.  Got most of the way through and then was infomed that the installation could not continue because the printer spooler was not functioning.  I cant find out how to fix that.  In the process of trying several different options I did a wireless network test on the printer and it says that the wireless radio on the printer is turned off.  How on earth do I turn this on, and will it help with the problems with the spooler?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi gassenti,

I notice that you are facing multiple issues after upgrading to Win 10. I have some troubleshooting steps that you may try and hopefully this will help to solve those issues.

For Printer Spooler not functioning, please try to enable the print spooler service:
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. In the search box type services.msc and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Search the services list for the Print Spooler.
4. Make sure it is Started and set to Automatic.

For turning ON the Wireless radio:

1. Press the (Wireless) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select
Wireless Settings.
2. Select Wireless: On/Off, and then select On to turn on the radio.

For print and scan issues,

1.Please ensure that your printer and PC are on the same network.

2.Then uninstall the HP 4620 software and download the latest software in hp website, click here.

3. Proceed to install the HP 4620 software and try to print and scan.

If you still face some issues, please download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

meg-riley

Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.