08-08-2014 04:10 PM
I have a HP Deskjet F2420 hooked up to a mac.
I have just changed both of the the cartridges and now it will only print in colors.
I have cleaned the printheads 3 times, and have tried every other thing I can think of - but nothing helps.
Can anyone in here please help?
08-08-2014 06:49 PM
The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Deskjet F2420. Does black print at all on the diagnostic page in solution six? If not you might try blotting the black nozzles on a damp tissue. A good cartridge would have a strong blot of black.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)