Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Jason - I know you are expert with this issue!  I also got a new network, so my printer with its static IP is lost, even though the network name and password are the same as before.

The network SSID and password are the same on my new router, and I gave the printer a new static IP in my new router (it is 10.0.0.1 so I assigned 10.0.0.149 to the printer's MAC address) - this didn't help.     What's worse, I can't find the USB cable for this printer to connect it with the wire.  What do you suggest?  Thank you very much!

Additional things I tried - I connected to the printer's network, and I found the thread that helped me before, written for connecting with an iPad - I have a new xfinity router that broadcasts on both 2.4 and 5 and all the computers in the house are connected to the 5 network, but the printer only sees the 2.4 network.  Is this printer not capable of communicating on the higher channel?  Do we need to connect the printer to the 2.4 channel and change our wireless whenever we want to print?

Also I am trying to change my email address for this forum and can't find out how to do that either.  I think I should shut everything down and give up for the day!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for these instructions, Jason. I moved to a different address and of course, my wireless network was changed.

I have been going crazy for the last 3 days trying to find solutions to this problem.

HP was of no help.

Thank you again.

Sheny

HP Recommended

hi i have this printer and ive got an imac and a new wifi network but i dont hav a USB cabel wiht the printer how do i connect the printer to a new wifi network in order to use it?

HP Recommended

I recently ran into a similar set of circumstances. I moved from a home office to a small commercial office space and connected my small network with three laptops and two or three multi-function print-scan-fax devices and the deskjet 3520.  Within the month I started to notice that the 3520 was not working consistently and that the problem seemed to be the wireless connection.  The blue LED on the 3520's front panel blinked patiently and all other network devices in my new commercial office were online (both wireless and wired).  On closer inspection of the 3520's wireless status on the front display menu hierarchy, it indicated that although the wirelss was ON, there was no IP address and no link.  I was perplexed that I had just (the evening before) printed beautiful color 8.5" x 11" pictures on HP Premium Paper from one of the laptops in another room in the office.  The only difference I could think of since the night before was that I had turned on all the other office equipment in the vicinity of the 3520 including the other HP printer, the other laptop and its external monitor.

Untitled.jpg

I think this is a voltage / low current electricity / low amp issue.  Unfortunately the device gives no indication that the current is low.  When I turned off the other nearby devices, the wireless signal perked up and the 3520 resumed printing.  It may be that there is electro-magnetic interference from one of the other nearby devices in my office or that I have faulty wiring at my location but I think it is ultimately a user issue where too many devices are plugged into a single circuit. Check the max amp on your circuit breaker and add up the amp load of all devices on that circuit. Go carefully - HP may be your Cannery in a Coal Mine.

HP Recommended

A new modem was installed. Now I can't print wireless anymore.

HP Recommended

Like everyone else, I've installed a new router and my printer no longer works.

I have tried the instructions where you reset to factory defaults, then connect the printer to my laptop via USB and run the network setup program. It always fails with this:

"Issue: Incorrect wireless password.
Solution: The WPA security passphrase you configured on your HP printer does not match the WPA passphrase used by the wireless router. Configure the printer using the correct WPA passphrase.
============================================================================================"

I hooked up my laptop via network cable and accessed the router to ensure I am using the correct admin password - I am.

I tried to set it up using the manual method where I choose the SSID from a list with the same results. 

I tried to set it up using the manual method where I type in the SSID. I type in the same SSID as the one I chose in the previous step and it says that wireless network name (SSID) could not be found.

I tried the Wi-Fi protected setup (Push Button Setup) with the printer connected to my laptop via USB and also unconnected. It fails saying "Error... progress stopped." 

When I print out test results, it says the if fails Security (it lists the SSID that it should).

What do I do next?

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Update: I realized I had up graded from Win 8.1 to 10 so I updated the driver. Still no joy!  😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.