Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6830
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I just received a replacement printer from HP due to a printerhead problem with my original printer.  The refurbished printer from HP has not printed well. The start-up cartridges are in the machine and it did not print color. I performed the maintenance on the printer ( clean printhead, align printhead) and now although it will print color it is very streaky.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @prak21,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and you would go ahead and try with different color cartridges. If the issue persists even with the other color cartridges which clearly indicates the issue to be a printer hardware. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@prak21,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing print quality issues with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer wherein the print is very streaky.

This issue has occurred because the setup cartridges may be low on ink and may need to be replaced.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Fixing Poor Print Quality Problems

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The ink indication is that it is fine.  I did, however, perform the print alignment, and printhead cleaning 3 levels.  In all of these there are problems with the color ink. I will try changing the ink. I was just worried about using new ink and having it still be a problem and then I have wasted new ink. 

I will try, and I appreciate your answer.

HP Recommended

Hi @prak21,

Thank you for replying,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and you would go ahead and try with different color cartridges. If the issue persists even with the other color cartridges which clearly indicates the issue to be a printer hardware. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I put in new color ink and it appears to be working great. THANKS so much for your support. I have re-enrolled in the instant ink. I appreciate all your support.

HP Recommended

Hi @prak21,

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.