Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3775
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I locked EWS and i cant remember the username and pass,any ideas?Also i cant find hard reset of the printer.

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Greetings @Lorditos

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to reset the password of the EWS page of your printer. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you facing any issue with printing or making any copies on your printer?

Please print a network configuration page of your printer and the password should be mentioned on it. 

Please refer to page number 65 in the printer manual for assistance Click here for the printer manual.

If the issue persists, please restore network defaults on the printer and check. Page number 62 in the manual has the procedure to restore network settings. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello chinney_83,

Thanks for the fast reply,

I will try to explain you what happend.First time that i did the setup everything was ok.

After that,i logged ews and i changed password,i tried to log later but was not possible,because i forgot it.

Reinstall everything,but now printer working only via usb,in setup it says printer cant connect with modem..

If i can reset printer,complete in factory settings i think it will be ok likethe first time.

The problem is that i know how to reset wifi,how to reset wifi direct,but i cant find how to reset complete printer.

Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. 

Turn the printer off, disconnect the power cord from the printer. Wait for a minute.

While holding down Cancel and Color copy buttons connect the power cable to the printer. (Hold down the buttons for 2-3 seconds after connecting the power cable.)

This should reset the printer to factory defaults. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Τhanks again for your fast reply.

I will try it when i will return at home.its the only option i didnt try. 🙂

I will inform you soon.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do try the procedure suggested, if the issue persists, please contact our phone support for further assistance. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again Chimney_83,

Unfortunatelly i did everything you wrote but still nothing,it keep asking admin and pass.

Any other idea?

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Hi @Lorditos,

Thanks for the update,

I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest you try these steps here:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try this to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Now go to the Security Tab - Administrative Settings.
  • Uncheck the "Control Panel Lock".

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again and thanks for your help one more time,

I typed the ip and i saw EWS menu,but when i am trying to step to Administrative Settings after that it asks Admin and User Password.

ALso i contacted HP service and they suggested many different options, like   Turn off Printer-Press Colour and Cancelfor 3 Seconds(Result, i get a letter F and still the same) After that they told me to press Black and cancel and still nothing,and last was to press colour and black together,still nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lorditos

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page,  and then press Enter.

2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.

1. Keep the username default as admin.

2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.

3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.