06-29-2011 12:26 PM
A quick search of other posts did not yield a solid solution to the HP 5600 All-in-one cartridge error. One ended by only questioning the quality of cartridge manufacturing. Please feel free to redirect this if I am in error.
After receiving the stated error, cleaning the contact points (both on the cartridge and inside the printer), and replacing the catridges, I kept getting the error. This error prohibited all functions of the all-in-one machine.
I finally found a solution, one that is not advised unless all other measure have been exhausted. My solution to the error message problem is a risky one. The solution involved jarring the cartridges on the carousel when they returned to the access door. As soon as the cartridge door is opened I stuck a balled-up piece of paper inside that prevented the cartridges from reaching their "home". The resulting "Cartridge Jam" error overrode the existing cartridge error. When the machine was turned off the paper was removed and the machine was turned back on, allowing the cartridges to return to access home. The system was reset.
I am now able to fax, scan, and copy as if the all-in-one was brand new.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)