Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

In reference to the seperator pages:

The "Fix" is to turn OFF sharing. The WIn 8 seems to have 'Helped" us by insuring that the pages of each job have a blank sheet between. It works for me (so far).

HP Recommended

Hello,  I have the same 'separator page' problem - it just surfaced when my harddrive crashed and I needed to reinstall my print driver.  I am using Windows 7 (not 8.1), and I do want to be able to use the printer from other PCs on my network, so turning off 'share' is not an option.      By the way, I did not have this problem before the 'crash', so I'm wondering if it might be an updated driver that is causing this problem?  I let it choose the best driver from the website when I added the printer.  There is not a path in the "page separtor" page, so nothing to delete there.

HP Recommended

I have the HP Stream 11 with Windows 8.1 and MS office.  HELP...I cant get rid of the separator pages!  I've tried that various fixes I've found on this forum and nothing works.  Did not see an answer for the Separator page path being blank.

HP Recommended

Here is a fix that worked for me!

If the "Separator page location" is blank, add a page by clicking Browse->System32, and chose any sample page down the list.

Click OK and Click Apply on the Printer Properties Window.

Now, go back into the  "Separator page location" window and delete the page.

Click OK and Click Apply on the Printer Properties Window.

This should work. 🙂

HP Recommended

It didn't work for me...still getting separator pages.  But thanks for trying!

Kim

HP Recommended

Didn't work for me either

John

HP Recommended

ANOOP12, your suggestion worked for me. Thanks bunches!

I'm on Win7 Pro with an HP4100DTN printer. It was printing (sending) a blank page after each job. I don't know why it started doing it.

HP Recommended

My problem with the separater page began when the driver was updated to HP Universal PL6. If you have this driver update, try going to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Printers and Devices. Select the HP2055dn or your current printer. Right click and select Printer Properties. Under General, select Change Printer Properties. You may need to be an administrator to select this. Select Advanced. Click the drop down box under Driver. Select the HP LaserJet P2050 Series PLC 6 or the driver specific to your printer. Click Apply and the OK. This assumes you stil have the origional driver specific to your printer. If this does not work, it's easy to change the driver back if you like.

For some reason the Universal PLC6 driver was giving me separator pages on some of my documents, but the origional driver specific to my printer never did. The Universal driver was also not improving anythng as far as I could see with Win10-64. I checked out a number of other solutions, but none of them worked or the suggested options were greyed out.

HP Recommended

my photosmart D7460 suddenly started adding a separator page between every printed page.  I could not find anyway to turn this off.  I uninstalled the printer, downloaded the latest driver from HP, and reinstalled it but I still had the same problem.  I went back to the original printer driver disc that I got when I bought the printer 10 years ago and "voila" it solved the problem.  It seems that the problem is in the HP driver that you download from HP.

I really like this printer and am glad that it is back to functioning again.

HP Recommended

Is there anyone out there who can help me TURN OFF a page that prints BETWEEN any pages I print be it multiples of the same page or just a single page.  I have gone to the printer, printer properties, advanced, and found the "separator page" tab which has done me no good.  I still have the pages printing.  Since I am on the HP Printer Ink Plan I have to pay for these pages even though I am throwing them out.  Below is what is included on these pages and in this exact order (which to me looks like a separator page).  PLEASE HELP!!!!!   Thank you !!!!   

Filename:

Directory:

Template:

Title:

Subject:

Author:

Keywords:

Comments:

Creation Date:

Change Number:

Last Saved On:

Last Saved By:

Total Editing Time:

Last Printed On:

As of Last Complete Printing:

Number of Pages:

Number of Words:

Number of Characters:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.