07-01-2012 11:22 AM
I can print to my HP wirelessly from various PCs. When I try to scan to computer, it doesn't recognize my main PC. I don't know how to set it up to recognize my PC. Does it need the IP address? What? How do I do it? Thanks.
07-02-2012 11:43 AM
It appears that the Scan to PC feature needs to be activated.
Click on Scanning from the Printer to the Computer, a site managed by HP, and it should provide the necessary steps to get you going with scanning to your PC.
This is setup in such a way to control what computers can be scanned to to pevent person A from accidentally scanning to Person B's computer (Person B seeing their folders filling up unknowingly).
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)