09-17-2012 06:37 AM
Replaced Black cartridge, alignment failed 2X.
Cleaned print heads, printed alignment page ;ooks fine, but the scan failes to recognize an alignment page. I have done this proceedure many times, not a novice. Printer default does not look correct, even for text.
Authentic HP cartridges etc.
09-17-2012 07:43 AM
The alignment page should include several colors and not only Black, lack of any color will cause the alignment to fail.
can you see both Black, Magenta and Cyan as appear within the sample below?
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
09-17-2012 09:03 PM
Yes, the printed alignment page was normal, black and both colors. Only issue was due to improper register.
I did download the HPPSdr.exe and had it scan for problems. It found none, but the improper register issue was gone.
I have performed another alignment and was successful.
Cannot explain, but am grateful for the download suggestion.
Maybe it helped, maybe the stars happen the be in alignment.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)