12-29-2009 06:17 PM
I'm trying to scan using c4480 scanner/printer attached to a MacBook Pro using OS 10.5.x. When I try to open the "HP Scan Pro" software I get a message saying "scanner could not be initialized (scanner cannot be found)". I am able to print so I know there's a connect between the printer and computer. How do I troubleshoot this?
Bonus issue - I am able to print, but color doesn't seem to work; only B/W. Would this be a problem with color printer cartridge?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)