Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Server Connection Error 403

HP Recommended

Hey Forkner2,

Restart the computer, printer, and network router
Can you scan to computer?

How is the Printer connect to the Mac?

What happens if you just try to Scan not to Email?

On the Apple
On the upper left corner of the computer desktop, click the Apple menu icon Click on Software Updates.

Do any Updates with Printer or Scanner software.

Restart the Computer when completed.

Let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The printer is connected to the Mac on a wireless network.  I can scan from the printer to the computer just fine as before.  The software on the Mac is updated and I restarted the computer.  I continue to get the server connection error 403 when I try to scan to email.

HP Recommended
Hey Forkner2,

1. Use one of the following methods to open HP Utility .
    • On the Dock, click the HP Utility icon.
    • Double-click the hard drive icon, click Applications , double-click the HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility .
  2. Click Scan to Email , and then click Begin Scan to E-mail Setup . The printer's Embedded Web Server launches in a new window.
  1. Click the Scan tab, and then click Scan to E-mail Setup .
  2. Click Outgoing E-mail Profile .
  3. Click New , and then enter your email address.
  4. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
  5. Enter or confirm the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
  6. If you typically need to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, enter that information into the email authentication fields, and then click Next .
  7. Enter a security pin to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
  8. Set the size for email files and specify Auto CC, if desired.
  9. Click Save DO not Test.
This should help.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Scan to email is not an option on the HP Utility.  Scan to computer is the only option.  Please be aware it was never an option when the printer use to perform scan to email just fine.

HP Recommended

Hey Forkner2,

Hp provides an App for Scan to Email. With the Scan to Email app, two steps and you’re done! Simply select or enter an email then touch scan. Here is a document on this.

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/detail/1532.2

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the app.  I am getting server error 403.  Please address this problem.

HP Recommended

Kyle - could you please send me the fix for the 403 error? I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Torike, Could you please forward the 403 error fix insotruction to me. I am having the same problem with my 5520 printer.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Forkner2,

You must first enable Web Services to use ePrint. The way to enable Web Services varies by printer. Click the Plus sign next to your printer type for instructions.

Step one: Print and evaluate a network configuration page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03312003

Step two: Enter the printer proxy information into the EWS

here is a document to find this information and show you how.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03313771

If you put it in the Address bar of safari what do you see?

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.