Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6000 E609n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried printing a couple images. Image printed okay but there are vertical black lines, uniformly spaced, in the image. I'm using the ethernet connection to the printer with Windows 10 (64-bit). I did perform several cleanings of the inkjet nozzles but did not eliminate the problem. When I used the printer as  a USB printer on Windows 7, I did not have this problem. If I change the printer connection to USB, do I have to uninstall the printer software, then reinstall printer software for USB?

Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @Doc-Westin

I came across your post about the issue you're experiencing and wanted to reply to help out with my suggestions. Please see the guide below to troubleshoot this issue. If the issue continues after troubleshooting, please try calling phone support to discuss replacing the printer or trading it in. I will include HP's contact info below to reach them directly.

(If you wish to install USB, run the installer again and select the USB connection type)

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

Please click the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear​

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @Doc-Westin

I came across your post about the issue you're experiencing and wanted to reply to help out with my suggestions. Please see the guide below to troubleshoot this issue. If the issue continues after troubleshooting, please try calling phone support to discuss replacing the printer or trading it in. I will include HP's contact info below to reach them directly.

(If you wish to install USB, run the installer again and select the USB connection type)

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

Please click the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear​

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I changed to a USB connection and the streaking problem in a printed image remained. Documents print without problem. I think it maybe an ink cartridge problem. I remember when I installed new cartridges, I had to run the second level cleaning of the inkjet nozzles. I'm less inclined to think there is a problem with printer head - if there was, both documents and images would be affected and to a larger degree.

I appreciate your assistance very much.

Best regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.